Two big announcements for the September meeting:
- Introduction of the new Mini Grant Program offered by the Lower Delaware Wild & Scenic.
- Viewing of a documentary film on fracking, called Groundswell Rising. This film is by invitation only. Your receipt of this email is your invitation.The Executive Producer of the film will be in attendance and will introduce the film as well as answer questions afterward.
Groundswell Rising - a new powerful documentary film focused on fracking in communities across America. Groundswell Rising documents a social movement that sprung forth from a heated debate over fracking and communities being sacrificed for the extraction of another fossil fuel. It's about people taking charge of their communities and not allowing a dangerous industry to move in and harm their ways of life and finding new, healthy energy solutions.
“This film should be watched by everyone on the side of industry and those considering leasing their land to the gas companies. Plain and simply, it’s the human side of this debate. ” — Mark Ruffalo
Time & Location:
When: Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 7 pm
Where: Plumstead Township Municipal Building - 5186 Stump Road, Plumstead, PA 18949
- 7:00 pm - Welcome - Richard Dodds, chair
- 7:05 pm - Mark Lichty, Executive Producer of Groundswell Rising, introduces the film
- 7:10 pm - Groundswell Rising
- 8:00 pm - Q&A and Discussion
- 8:20 pm -Discussion of Mini-Grant program. You can view the information ahead of time by going to www.lowerdelawarewildandscenic.org. Applications will be available at the meeting.
- 8:30 pm - Adjournment