Registration Opening January 2017
Learn how maple syrup and sugar are made - a delicious and fun way to make science come alive! WVWA offers a very special winter event that is ideal for families, scout groups and anyone curious about the maple sugar process. Guides take small groups through the woods to see the tapped trees and then watch it being boiled into sugar. End your walk at WVWA’s historic headquarters for hot chocolate and warm treats with maple syrup. Tours last approximately 45 minutes. Last tour leaves at 3:00 p.m.
- WVWA Members: $5 adult/$3 child (12 years and under)
- Non-Members: $10 adult/$5 child (12 years and under)
- Become a new WVWA member at the family level and receive a free tour.
- Dress for the weather and trail conditions; wear sturdy, protective shoes or boots
- No dogs or strollers please
- Registrations requested - REGISTRATION OPENING JANUARY 2017; Walk-ins welcome
Registration and tours begin at the Green Ribbon Trail entrance on Butler Ave in Ambler. Park at the Ambler Post Office and walk down Butler Avenue over the Wissahickon bridge to the reception table.