Come and join a festive crowd of revelers under the twinkling lights of a German Biergarten at the Stony Brook Millstone Watershed Association’s annual WatershedFest. This year’s theme, OktoberFest!, will feature an oompah band, cocktails and a silent auction in The Watershed Center. Dinner will follow in a festive Biergarten tent, where a live auction will take place. All proceeds will support the Watershed, central New Jersey’s first environmental group, whose staff works tirelessly to the region’s water clean, safe and healthy, and to protect our natural environment. Lederhosen, dirndls and wellies are welcomed as 300 guests will lift a stein to raise money for the Watershed.
The event is co-chaired this year by volunteers Carrie Dyckman, Jon Baum, and Sandra Allen. Some fabulous auction items on the block include:
- A Vermont country getaway
- A four-bedroom cottage in charming Greensboro, VT, is ideal for a family or two couples
- Shindig at the ‘Shed: throw the year’s most unique dinner party – an elegant sit-down dinner for 12 in the Shed’s beautiful environmental center, followed by an informative night hike with a Watershed naturalist
- A week for you and your family at the HF Bar Dude Ranch in Wyoming, which has received rave reviews from Fest goers in the past.
- “Glamping” (glamour camping) and birdwatching in Ithaca, NY;
- New York Giants’ Superbowl-signed football
- One-of-a –kind handmade Druzy quartz earrings by designer Mark Loren of Naples, Fla.
Individual tickets to the Fest are $225; and tables and sponsorships are available. Buy your tickets and register to bid remotely, or in-person, for auction items bidpal.net/watershedoktoberfest. Questions? Contact Suzanne Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609 737-3735, ext. 28.