After 20 years, the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan for the Delaware Estuary (CCMP) is being revised! The Partnership for the Delaware Estuary (PDE) is taking the lead to assemble collective action and enhance the tidal Delaware River and Bay.
Through a series of open house-style workshops, we are reaching out to local partners and communities to get new ideas for a draft set of strategies for clean water, strong communities, and healthy habitats in and around the Delaware River and Bay. Please reference this Core Elements Document for a set of draft goals, objectives, and strategies for the revised CCMP.
Below is a list of workshop locations and times. To register for any of these, please click the green "register" button above, then select the ticket for the workshop(s) you would like to attend. You can make multiple selections. Once registered, additional information for the items of your choice, including workshop materials and parking information, will be emailed to you in advance.
Registration is free and optional, and encouraged to help us plan for group sizes.
Open House Meeting Schedule:
Attendees may drop in at any time during the open houses and are welcome to stay for as long as their schedule allows! A brief presentation will take place during Morning/Afternoon meetings (11:30am-1:30pm) at 12:15pm and during Evening meetings (4:30-6:30pm) at 5:15pm.
- 9/12, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm - Tulpehaking Nature Center (Trenton, NJ)
- 9/12, 4:30 to 6:30 pm - Silver Lake Nature Center (Bristol, PA)
- 9/13, 4:30 to 6:30 pm - Hildacy Preserve (Media, PA)
- 9/19, 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm - Ashland Nature Center (Hockessin, DE)
- 9/26, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm - The Virden Retreat Center at University of Delaware (Lewes, DE)
- 9/28, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm - Camden County Environmental Center (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- 9/28, 4:30 to 6:30 pm - Bartram's Garden (Philadelphia, PA)
- 10/5, 4:30 to 6:30 pm - Bayshore Center at Bivalve (Port Norris, NJ)
Note: Light refreshments will be provided at all sessions. Please email Emily Baumbach at ebaumbach@DelawareEstuary.org if you have any questions.
Here are some additional sources of information that may be helpful:
- To review a set of ideas gathered from technical experts in workshops earlier this year, see the PDE CCMP Expert Workshops Summary.
- To review the results of three Climate Vulnerability workshops that took place in March, see the Climate Vulnerability Assessment for the Revision of the CCMP for the Delaware Estuary.
- To review the original CCMP, learn more about the Dealware Estuary Program partners, history, and functions, or provide feedback if you cannot attend a workshop, visit www.delawareestuary.org/our-plan/