Delaware ‘Bay Day’ is the largest FREE festival in the tri-state region. It will be held along the ‘wild and scenic’ Maurice River in the historic New Jersey fishing villages of Bivalve, Port Norris. East Point Lighthouse, located in Heislerville, will also be a satellite site for this event.
FREE PARKING NEAR FESTIVAL SITES
Delaware Bay Day is hosted by the Bayshore Center at Bivalve . It is a fun-filled family day celebrating the rich maritime history, vibrant culture and phenomenal natural resources of the Delaware Bay.
BAY DAY STRUT
- Line up at 11am (Memorial & Main, Port Norris).
- PRIZES for best costume, best costumed pet, best decorated bike, best patriotic, and best musical act!
MEERWALD RIVER CRUISES ON THE BODACIOUS
- 2-Hour Cruises Departing at 3:00 and 7:30*
*(lighted boat parade & fireworks sail!)
- 12:30 Sink-a-Boat Contest
- 2:00 Tonging Trials
- 2:30 Rubber Duck Ring Toss
- 2:30 Bivalve Blue Crab Races
- 4:00 Crab picking contest (Cash Prizes!)
- 4:00 Rain Gutter Races
- 6:00 NJ Championship Oyster Shucking Contest
- 7:00 Kids Don’t Bounce
- 8:45 Lighted Boat Parade
- 9:00 Fireworks!
In Bivalve Shipping Sheds—Delaware Bay Museum, exhibits & programs
Big Top Stage with high energy music all day!
Jersey Fresh Seafood & Local Fare
Raw Bar & Riverfront Cafe
Music on the Maurice – acoustic dockside music
Jersey-grown Wine Tasting, NJ Beers
Children’s games, mini-golf, free crafts & much more.
For more information, visit http://bayshorecenter.org/bayday/