The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, Transportation will hold an executive session on Wednesday, June 29, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. to consider the following legislation measures and pending nominations.
Click here for more information on the nominees.
- S. 3084, The American Innovation and Competitiveness Act, Sponsors: Sens. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.), John Thune (R-S.D.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
- S. 827, Improving Rural Call Quality and Reliability Act of 2015, Sponsor: Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- S. 2997, Securing Access to Networks in Disasters Act of 2016, Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
- S. 1717, to amend title 46, United States Code, to exempt old vessels from certain requirements if improvements made, Sponsors: Sens. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), John Boozman (R-Ark.), David Vitter (R-La.), Tom Cotton (R-Ark.)
- S. 3088, Deadline for Compliance with Alternative Safety Compliance Program, Sponsor: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.)
- S. 3087, American Fisheries Advisory Committee Act, Sponsors: Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.)
- S. 3059, Marine Mammal Research and Response Act of 2016, Sponsors: Sens. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska)
- S. 2219, The Outdoor Recreation Jobs and Economic Impact Act of 2015, Sponsors: Sens. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), Steve Daines (D-Mont.), Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.)
- S. 3086, A bill to reauthorize and amend the Marine Debris Act to promote international action to reduce marine debris and for other purposes, Sponsor: Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
- S.XXXX, Access for Sportfishing Act of 2016, Sponsor: Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
- Nomination of Peggy E. Gustafson to be Inspector General, Department of Commerce
- Nomination of Michael A. Khouri to be a Federal Maritime Commissioner (reappointment)
* Agenda subject to change
A live video of the markup and additional information will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.
For more information, visit http://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2016/6/executive-session