The House Committee on Natural Resources will hold a full committee markup on the following bills:
- H. Res. 169 (Rep. Mark Takai), Acknowledging and honoring brave young men form Hawaii who enabled the United States to establish and maintain jurisdiction in remote equatorial islands as prolonged conflict in the Pacific lead to World War II.
- H.R. 2316 (Rep. Raul Labrador),To generate dependable economic activity for counties and local governments containing National Forest System land by establishing a demonstration program for local, sustainable forest management, and for other purposes. “Self-Sufficient Community Lands Act”
- H.R. 3062 (Rep. Steve Womack), To prohibit the use of eminent domain in carrying out certain projects. “Assuring Private Property Rights Over Vast Access to Land Act”
- H.R. 3094 (Rep. Garret Graves), To amend the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act to transfer to States the authority to manage red snapper fisheries in the Gulf of Mexico. “Gulf States Red Snapper Management Authority Act”
- H.R. 3212 (Rep. Kurt Schrader), To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to make technical corrections, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3480 (Rep. Buddy Carter), To expand the boundary of Fort Frederica National Monument in the State of Georgia, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3650 (Rep. Don Young), To authorize States to select and acquire certain National Forest System lands to be managed and operated by the State for timber production and other purposes under the laws of the State, and for other purposes. “State National Forest Management Act of 2015”
- H.R. 3734 (Rep. Cresent Hardy), To amend the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 to provide support to mining schools, and for other purposes. “Mining Schools Enhancement Act”
- H.R. 3839 (Rep. Kristi Noem), To transfer administrative jurisdiction over certain Bureau of Land Management land from the Secretary of the Interior to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for inclusion in the Black Hills National Cemetery, and for other purposes. “Black Hills National Cemetery Boundary Expansion Act”
- H.R. 3843 (Rep. Doug Lamborn), To authorize for a 7-year period the collection of claim location and maintenance fees, and for other purposes. “Locatable Minerals Claim Location and Maintenance Fees Act of 2015”
- H.R. 3844 (Rep. Jody Hice), To establish the Energy and Minerals Reclamation Foundation to encourage, obtain, and use gifts, devises, and bequests for projects to reclaim abandoned mine lands and orphan oil and gas well sites, and for other purposes. “Energy and Minerals Reclamation Foundation Establishment Act of 2015”
- H.R. 3881 (Rep. Glenn Thompson), To amend the Mineral Leasing Act to repeal provisions relating only to the Allegheny National Forest. “Cooperative Management of Mineral Rights Act of 2015"
- H.R. 4202 (Rep. John Katko), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of Fort Ontario in the State of New York. “For Ontario Study Act”
- H.R. 4245 (Rep. Chellie Pingree), To exempt importation and exportation of sea urchins and sea cucumbers from licensing requirements under the Endangered Species Act of 1973.
- H.R. 4510 (Rep. Jared Polis), To insure adequate use and access to the existing Bolts Ditch headgate and ditch segment within the Holy Cross Wilderness in Eagle County, Colorado, and for other purposes. ”Bolts Ditch Access and Use Act”
- H.R. 4582 (Rep. Jeff Denham), To exclude striped bass from the anadromous fish doubling requirement in section 3406(b)(1) of the Central Valley Project Improvement Act, and for other purposes. “Save Our Salmon Act”
- H.R. 4685 (Rep. Kevin McCarthy), To take certain Federal lands located in Tulare County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Tule River Indian Tribe, and for other purposes. “Tule River Indian Reservation Land Trust, Health, and Economic Development Act”
- H.R. 4789 (Rep. Donald Beyer), To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to establish a structure for visitor services on the Arlington Ridge tract, in the area of the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5244 (Rep. Stephen Knight), To provide for the establishment of a national memorial and national monument to commemorate those killed by the collapse of the Saint Francis Dam on March 12, 1928, and for other purposes. “Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Memorial Act”
- Full Committee Hearing Notice - June 10, 2016
For more information, visit http://naturalresources.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=400702