Water Resources and Environment Subcommittee Chairman Bob Gibbs (R-OH) will lead this Subcommittee roundtable policy discussion to examine stakeholder priorities for the next Water Resources Development Act (WRDA), legislation that authorizes the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to carry out navigation, flood control, shoreline protection, hydropower, dam safety, water supply, recreation, and environmental restoration and protection activities throughout the Nation.
The roundtable is open to the public and news media (although video recording is not permitted)
- Ms. Amy W. Larson, President, National Waterways Conference
- Mr. Dusty Williams, Immediate Past President, National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies
- Ms. Kathy Broadwater, Deputy Executive Director, Maryland Port Administration; on behalf of the American Association of Port Authorities
- Mr. Derek Brockbank, Executive Director, American Shore and Beach Preservation Association
- Ms. Norma Jean Mattei, President Elect, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Ms. Caryl Pfeiffer, Director of Corporate Fuels and By-Products, LG&E and KU Services Company; on behalf of Waterways Council, Inc
- Ms. Kristin Meira, Executive Director, Pacific Northwest Waterways Association
- Ms. Barbara Romero, Deputy Mayor of City Services, City of Los Angeles, California
For more information, visit http://transportation.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=399669.