If you are becoming UST certified for the first time or if your certification is in need of renewal, this class is for you! Stay current with New Jersey's UST regulatory requirements and help your company and clients avoid costly penalties and fines.
The New Jersey Underground Storage Tank (UST) regulations (NJAC 7:14B Subchapter 13 & 16) require that all personnel who install, close, test, and design corrosion protection systems for regulated USTs be certified as well as those subsurface evaluators (SSE) who perform services on unregulated USTs (UHOT). All owners/operators of regulated USTs who are persons responsible for remediation must retain the services of a Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) as of May 7, 2012.
The NJDEP requires professionals who work on USTs to be trained, certified/recertified every three (3) years. This NJDEP approved course fulfills the NJDEP course requirement for regulatory training and must be taken within one year prior to renewal. Professional engineers and plumbing contractors, exempt from the certification examination, must attend the course within one year of certification.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals that need a working knowledge of the rules and regulations governing USTs, this includes tank owners and operators, UST/UHOT certified individuals, Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs), consultants, engineers, contractors, health officers, geologists, soil scientists and attorneys.
Philip Brilliant, CHMM, LSRP; Brilliant Environmental Services, LLC
- Chris Dwyer, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- Mark Gruzlovic, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- Michael Hollis, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- John Olko, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
- David Puchalski, PE, LSRP; NewFields
- Andrew Robins, Esq; Sills, Cummis & Gross, PC
Registration Fee Includes:
Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, course materials, continuing education certificate & free parking.
Continuing Education Credits
- NJ Certified Public Works Managers: 3 Technical; 3 Government
- J Continuing Legal Education: 7.8 NJ CLE Units
- NJ LSRP CEC's: 6.5 Regulatory CECs
- NJ Professional Engineers: 6.5 Continuing Professional Competency Credits
- ATTENTION HEALTH OFFICERS AND REGISTERED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS: Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.5 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours (CEs)
- This course is eligible toward PDHs for Pennsylvania Professional Geologists
- NJ Licensed Water/Wastewater Operators: Eligible for 6.5 TCHs